community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject ApacheCon CFP status
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:48:22 GMT
With the CFP closed (officially ... it appears that there are still
talks coming in ... geez) we have 250+ talk proposals, including:

7 lightning talks
15 tutorials
1 mini-summit (ie, a whole track managed by itself)
3 labs (I don't know what labs are. Do you think they meant tutorials?)

Which leaves us with approx 226 talks to slot into approx 165 actual
sessions. So we have to identify 60 talks that we're not going to run,
or which can be fallback sessions, ie, a speaker who is already
scheduled, who has a talk that they're willing to give on an as-needed
basis. In the past we've needed anywhere from zero to 4 fallbacks per day.

So, if you're on the reviewer list, get started.

I know that the CFP system isn't ideal, so if you have comments you'd
like to make about it, please keep track of them so that we can get them
to the LF folks for next time. I know I have some of my own already.

And if you're the IRC type, come hang out on #apachecon on Freenode,
where we've been discussing things on and off.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon