community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: A couple of questions on ApacheCon, Denver reviews...
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 07:58:29 GMT

On 02/01/2014 04:31 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Ok, so we're almost at the finish line as far as review submissions
> go. At this point my dashboard is saying: "You have 191 proposals
> unreviewed.". This is pretty good, but raises a few questions:
>
>     1. I assume that I can wake up in the morning (PST) tomorrow
>     and whatever is submitted is it. I'll review the ones that fall into
>     my domain and then I can go enjoy some nice Californian weather
>     outside. Now, suppose we end up with more accepted talks than
>     we have slots in the, lets say, bigdata track. What happens next?

Based on the sum of the reviews, I'll need to make final selections. In
the events where it's not obvious what those selections need to be, I'll
come back to the folks who have indicated that they care about a
particular track, and clear my selections by you guys.

>     2. Obviously I shouldn't be reviewing my own talks, but given that
>     last time I checked I was the only volunteer in the bigdata space.
>     What happens to those? Who will be reviewing them?

There are a lot of people doing general "this looks interesting"
reviews, including myself. Hopefully this will result in an eventual
clear picture. If it doesn't, see above.

Meanwhile, I presume that if someone submits a talk, they themselves
think it's a good talk.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon