community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Edit the ApacheCon Banner on Website
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:36:06 GMT
Hi Ted,

Thank you for your email.  I cleared out the browser history and cache and can now see the
Denver info on the projects page, but Portland is still on the people page.

Since you can see it, I'm hoping it's just my browser!

~M

________________________________
 From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
To: "dev@community.apache.org" <dev@community.apache.org>; Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>

Cc: Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>; Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>;
"infrastructure-private@apache.org" <infrastructure-private@apache.org>; Rich Bowen
<rbowen@rcbowen.com>; Melissa Warnkin <ea@apache.org>; Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: Edit the ApacheCon Banner on Website

I see Denver.

Probably you have some browser caching issues and aren't really seeing the current state of
the page.  It is also possible that there is caching in the network somewhere and a significant
number of people are seeing the old content.

Can you force a complete reload of the page?  If you have more than one browser on your machine,
you might try with the less used one.

If you have done that recently and still see the problem, then debugging further will require
knowing quite a bit more about what is happening in your browser.

This debugging starts with browser version info and some detailed information about your network
location, but then you will need to figure out exactly whether your browser is trying to load
the right version of the page and if so exactly where it is trying to get it from.  But try
the reload or off-axis browser first.

Well I have no idea what's going on, but I'm still seeing Portland!!