community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon CFP stats, and lease help get the word out
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:56:41 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014, Rich Bowen wrote:
> With 5 days left in the CFP for ApacheCon, we have 50 papers submitted.
> I know that we usually get as much as half of the submissions in the
> last 48 hours, but we're still well under where I hoped to be at this
> point. Even more worrying, the overwhelming majority of the submissions
> are from the Usual Suspects (ie, httpd and tomcat).

For those of you who've volunteered to help review talks, despite the lack
of email notification, you probably have your reviewer account if you've
emailed in your details. You can use that to see what talks have been
proposed, and more importantly, what talks / speakers you'd expect to see
that are missing!

If you look through, and see a gap where you know someone who could fill
it, please get in touch and encourage them to submit. The CFP doesn't have
much info for new speakers in it, but other conferences do and you can
probably pinch their materials to help people understand what they'd be
agreeing to, and why it's actually not that bad. With a friendly prod, you
can hopefully get a few more existing speakers to submit, and some new
people to through their hat into the ring for the first time!

Nick