community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon content committee
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:52:55 GMT
On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On 01/15/2014 10:40 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>> Trouble is -- wiki doesn't let me login: RomanShaposhnik
>> Same account I use for wiki.apache.org/incubator/
>
> Ok, looks like the wiki was a bad idea, and I need to put it in a different
> wiki.

You can temporarily allow everyone to edit any given wiki page on
wiki.apache.org. Don't leave it like that for long, else the spammers get
you, but for a week or two it's fine!

Just add the following to the top of the page:

#acl All:read,write
# Leave as writable by all until sign-ups done, then lock down

Then everyone can edit it to list themselves, until it's time for signups
to close. (We've done the same in the past for other conference related
pages, to allow easy sign-up, and it has worked well). I can even make the
change, if Rich or Ross gives me the nod... :)

Nick