community-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Keynote idea: Revolutionizing Education
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:38:07 GMT
Hello Bertrand,

On 15 Jan 2014, at 9:21 , Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> ... The keynote is not technical, but instead focusses on how this platform
>> helps improve the way we teach our children...
>
> I like that - for me the best keynotes are not directly about what we
> do, but help put it in perspective. Looks like this one has the
> potential to do that.

Exactly, this talk is all about the impact of open source technology and how it can completely
change education.

>> ...Jurriaan is a Product Manager at PulseOn. He has 15 years of experience
>> in online product development, management, marketing and sales
>> engineering and a Ph.D. in Computing and Information Sciences....
>
> You didn't indicate if he's a great speaker, which is kinda required
> for a keynote ;-)

He is! I thought that was implied. ;)

Scheduled presentations:
- Speaking on stage (twice) at GEPS 2014 (Microsofts Global Education Partner Summit, January
- Redmond)
- Presenting at BETT 2014 (London)

Previous presentations, many at conferences - both Scientific and Business.

Presented at and to practice leaders at business conferences:
- Gartner IT Expo, Forrester Marketing Leadership Forum, Gilbane, eMarketing Association,

A selection of scientific presentations at international conferences:
International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Application & Services
(iiWAS10), Model Driven Web Engineering (MDWE), International Conference on Web Engineering
(ICWE), International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Application &
Services (iiWAS), IEEE International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM).

And presented as part of his professional job to management at many companies, among them:
SCEE PlayStation, SAS, Autodesk, Pitney Bowes, Mercedes, KPN, SAS, Amtrak, Experian, Affinion,
Deloitte

Greetings, Marcel