community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@redhat.com>
Subject ApacheCon CFP stats, and lease help get the word out
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:12:13 GMT
Hi, folks,

With 5 days left in the CFP for ApacheCon, we have 50 papers submitted.
I know that we usually get as much as half of the submissions in the
last 48 hours, but we're still well under where I hoped to be at this
point. Even more worrying, the overwhelming majority of the submissions
are from the Usual Suspects (ie, httpd and tomcat).

Please get the word out to your project communities and encourage
submissions. Abstracts don't need to be great works of literature - we
can brush them up afterwards if we need to. Please let them know that
I'd be glad to personally assist them in writing an abstract if they're
in need of assistance.

If you know of particular individuals that you'd like to see presenting,
please take a moment to contact them personally and encourage them to
submit a talk.

Thanks.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@redhat.com