community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon content committee
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:24:32 GMT
Wiki updated.

So, the way that this will work, as far as I understand it, is that each
volunteer will be given a moderator login on the CFP system, and will be
able to rate the proposal at http://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp/cfp-list

I want to be sure that projects are represented, so that people without
an opinion, or who don't know the subject, would simply not rate that
item, and the people that do will thus carry more weight. But everyone
who votes has an equal voice, looking at the system right now.

I'll start the process of getting these accounts made asap, so that it's
not a last-minute dash. So it's important to reach out to un-represented
PMCs and make sure that they have at least one person on the list. One
is a minimum, but more is preferred.

I'll be starting to contact unrepresented PMCs tomorrow (I hope - FOSDEM
is consuming a huge amount of my time) and so will the LF folks, but if
you have inside information, please beat me to it.

--rcb

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com