community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Content Committee, ApacheCon 2014
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:49:20 GMT
I'll be giving several talks on "how to get your talk accepted at
ApacheCon". Spoiler alert: The phrase "single malt" will feature
prominently.

--Rich

On 01/02/2014 09:38 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Agreed! After all, even though Rich is leading this cmmt we
> *KNOW* that he will have at least 5-6 talks. :)
>
> *duck*
> On Jan 2, 2014, at 9:32 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/29/2013 12:56 PM, Mike Drob wrote:
>>> Rich,
>>>
>>> A question about conflict of interest policies. If I plan to submit
>>> content, can I still be involved in the selection process? I am part of the
>>> Apache Accumulo PMC.
>> I think that we can be professionals and be involved in content selection even if
we've got our own talks under consideration. Now, if you selected all your own talks and rejected
everyone else's, then we might have cause for worry. ;-)

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com