community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Content Committee, ApacheCon 2014
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:24:21 GMT

On 12/13/2013 05:18 AM, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hey Rich,
> Is there any timescale on when the input is required?
> I am interested in getting involved in reviewing content again but
> until I see or have an idea of the content I don't know which PMC I
> would volunteer to represent.
> Is there somewhere else that this conversation can continue other than
> pmcs@?
> Thanks very much

The conversation should happen here on dev@community

The initial email to PMCs@ was to get some folks to sign up for content
selection process. As mentioned elsewhere, please don't reply-all, or cc
PMCs@ in replies - I should have bcc'ed PMCs to begin with. Mea Culpa.

The timeline is ... soon.

I expect that once we have a contract signed (within the next two weeks,
I sincerely hope), we'll have a CFP out very soon, and then it'll run
through January. Once the CFP closes, I expect there would be a brief
(couple weeks?) period in which the talks would be voted and selected,
and that's the window in which we'd need content-expert help.

Again, these are guesses, because the producer will own this process,
and the schedule, once the contract is signed.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com