community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Content Committee, ApacheCon 2014
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:52:50 GMT
Dear PMCs,

In the coming days, we'll be hearing more about ApacheCon 2014, and what
we need to do to make it happen.

This time around, we, the folks at the ASF, will be responsible for
selecting content, while the conference producer will be responsible for
*EVERYTHING* else.

Content selection is no small task, and I need help. While there are
several people who have already volunteered to be part of a content
selection committee, I'd also like to ask each PMC which wants to be
represented in the selection process to volunteer one person to
represent them in this task.

We'll be using the RFP infrastructure supplied by the producer so all
you'd be on the hook for is being willing to review a list of talk
proposals specific to your project, and voting for/against them in some
method which that RFP process provides. Final schedule construction
falls to the producer, and, I suppose, to me.

Thanks!

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com