community-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content Committee, ApacheCon 2014
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 04:23:59 GMT

On 12-Dec-2013, at 15:19, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12 December 2013 20:52, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> Dear PMCs,
>
> In the coming days, we'll be hearing more about ApacheCon 2014, and what we need to do
to make it happen.

> This time around, we, the folks at the ASF, will be responsible for selecting content,
while the conference producer will be responsible for *EVERYTHING* else.

> Content selection is no small task, and I need help. While there are several people who
have already volunteered to be part of a content selection committee, I'd also like to ask
each PMC which wants to be represented in the selection process to volunteer one person to
represent them in this task.

> We'll be using the RFP infrastructure supplied by the producer so all you'd be on the
hook for is being willing to review a list of talk proposals specific to your project, and
voting for/against them in some method which that RFP process provides. Final schedule construction
falls to the producer, and, I suppose, to me.

> Thanks!
> If a pair of extra hands is needed with the logistic around ApacheCon 2014, helping with
svn etc., you have a  volunteer.

And I too volunteer what I can.

> rgds
> jan I.