community-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads-up: Traffic Server summit in October 2013
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:07:13 GMT
On Oct 30, 2013, at 1:31 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> I do have a question for you. If the ASF provided the necessary
> equipment and accounts for you to record and stream the event do you
> have any idea how many more people would have benefited from your event?

I don’t know honestly. We fiddled with a Google Hangout, but it’s not quite the same as
a professional setup. In our case, I would have imagined that with a better prep and setup,
we could easily have seen an additional 20+ people participate, at least.

Live streams would be the best for our kind of events. But I agree, saving events / talks
for future audience would be incredibly useful IMO. Hopefully something we can accomplish
for next ACNA ? :).

Cheers,

— leif