community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about Apache-Extras
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:02:29 GMT
On 28/10/2013 Roger Whitcomb wrote:
> P.S. Apache OpenOffice are also concerned, so I have copied them as well.

Thanks. As stated in last July's OpenOffice Board Report:
   ---
OpenOffice, like the ASF as a whole, is hit by the announced policy
change of Apache Extras. The project currently stores several libraries
there, in an area known as ooo-extras, and the build process downloads
them when options like --enable-category-b are used. A solution should
be found at the ASF level.
   ---

So basically I have the same questions as Roger:
1) does the Google Code change affect Apache Extras (I was assuming it
does)?
2) Are there plans to make the lost functionality available in some
other ways?

Thanks,
   Andrea.