community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Event-in-a-Box
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 23:17:33 GMT
Hello, ComDev!!

Following up on Rich's email from a few weeks back regarding the "Event-in-a-Box", I wanted
to share with you all, as an FYI, what I have produced so far.  The below list is my takeaway
of what should be included in the actual physical box (as in, what I will ship out for your
events!!).

Physical
Content List:
	* Standard giveaways
	* Apache BarCamp Banner
	* Pens
	* Thick felt pens of varying colors
	* Blue Tack
	* Masking tape
	* A2 or larger sheets (for schedule grid)
	* Blank A4 paper (for schedule grid)
	* Sticky labels ….is this different from post-its of various sizes????
	* Post-Its of various sizes
	* Name badges
	* Registration sheets (would need an example of what you want here!)
	* Rubbish bags
	* Power strips …..how many and what kind (6packs)????
	* Extension cords….how many and what length????
	* Highlighters
	* Emergencykit
	* wifi routers for local networking

Please keep in mind that this is an initial draft, and not a comprehensive and/or guaranteed
list!! I welcome feedback from your past experiences from the events that you have coordinated!!
Is there anything that I missed, or anything on the list above that was not needed??!!

The next stage of this I will be writing an informative "how-to" guide.

I welcome feedback based on your past experiences that you think will help others in the future
with their events!!

Thank you so much!!!

~M