community-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ambassadors
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 00:06:07 GMT

On 02/07/2013, at 2:34 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 06/25/2013 08:42 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to do some things to make it easier for our members and committers to be
ambassadors for Apache, and I'd like to propose a concrete step, inspired by Roy, from a thread
on another list.

>> (Eventually it might be fun to have an official Apache Ambassadors program, which,
like the other AA, is a 12 step program. However, I've only figured out steps one and two:
1) Be Shane (which he's already doing), and 2) Be like Shane (which encompasses many of the
other steps.) )

>> Anyways, here's the concrete suggestion:
>>
>> Design and print t-shirts for our committers that plan to attend any event, containing
a word cloud or artistic rendering of project names within the outline of a huge feather and
underlined with a specific message that we want to convey ... like "I volunteer at Apache
/ ask me how".

> How's this for a start:
>
> http://drbacchus.com/projects.html

Would it make more sense just to list the TLPs? Things like Commons * may be drowning out
other projects.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter