community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Ambassador Resources
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:49:26 GMT
Here's what I have kind of rattling around in my head about ambassador
resources. Obviously, I'd need a lot of help to make this happen.

I imagine a menu item on community.apache.org (yes, I know, it's getting
very crowded) labeled 'Ambassador Resources', which would contain:

Logos - hi-res logos for the foundation and all the projects, along with
guidelines of how they may be used, for folks who want to do it
themselves. (Shane, is this a good idea? Do we want to control that more
tightly?)

Brochures - one-page PDFs about the foundation, and about each project,
which folks can either print themselves, or request from the Foundation
for events. Perhaps we can have the ability for someone to get them
printed at their local Kinko's and charge it to the Foundation for
approved events?

Elevator pitches - prepared 2-minute speeches that you can give, about
sponsoring the Foundation, or about why companies should participate in
Open Source, or various other topics.

T-shirt art: Hi-res tshirt designs so that you can print your own, or
request from the foundation, for your events. Also, this would be the
place to have the latest information about ordering ASF stuff from
Land's End, as well as links to whatever vendors still exist that sell
ASF swag.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com