community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Apache project word cloud
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:42:54 GMT
On 07/01/2013 11:28 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (398J) wrote:
> Hey Rich,
>
> I generated the attached using Wordie, and Tika and some grep:)
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. tika -t"https://people.apache.org/keys/group/"  | grep -v "pmc" | grep
> -v "DAV" | grep -v "Index of" | grep -v "Name" | grep -v "Parent" | awk
> '{print $1}' | cut -d. -f1 | sort | uniq
> 2. Take the output from 1 and go to Wordie.net
> 3.http://www.wordle.net/display/wrdl/6863931/Apache_Projects_2013
>
> I like this one better that I generated using Tagxedo:
>
> http://minus.com/lfAoJRJAsh2So
http://drbacchus.com/projects.html <-- I don't understand how it decides
what words will be teensy, since they all have the same tag weight
except for 'Apache', but it looks pretty cool.

So, there's a few to choose from, and we could make any or all of these
available for folks to make shirts/hats/whatever out of.

My plan marches apace. :D

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com