community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Setup & development software for Macs?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 01:20:03 GMT
I just switched to a Mac for much of my stuff, and am wondering how
other committers organize their Macs and what kind of software they use.

In particular, what's the best GUI-ish SVN clients?

Your favorite basic text editors?  I don't need a big IDE, just simple
markdown/python/ruby, and occasional web page editing.

Also, a silly question, I know, but if I have my work on SSD, is there
any reason that I should *not* configure FileVault?  It seems like a no
brainer for any laptop.  Similarly, any reason to turn off the built-in
Firewall?

Related, what are decent options for parental control software for macs
& iPads?  It's obvious that we will need some way to restrict and
monitor what our daughter does on the computer...

Thanks in advance!

- Shane