community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Seeking booth assistance at OSCON
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:53:45 GMT
Hey all!! Happy Friday!

Don't let Sally scare you off with the whole "booth set-up talk" ;)  It's easy, breezy...I
usually do it all myself - I only need help w/the 8x8 wall banner, which is very easy to assemble,
but it requires more than one person!

And think of the perks!! ....wow, the perks are aaaahmazing - one of them is being that you
get to hang with me at the booth and talk to all of the amazing attendees! Oh, yea, and then
there's the whole FREE 3-day conference pass perk (worth about $1,395), but I don't think
that's as exciting as hanging out w/me and chatting with the attendees!!! ;) ;)

On a serious note, staffing the booth at OSCON is an AMAZING experience; you meet soooo many
cool people! Everyone LOVES Apache Software Foundation, and they LOVE to tell their success
stories of using Apache projects, and they LOVE to meet the folks behind the ASF....that would
be all of you!!

We only have a limited number of passes, so speak up quickly to grab yours!!

~Melissa

----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
To: ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>; ASF ConCom <concom@apache.org>;
Apache Members <members@apache.org>
Cc: Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>; ASF Executive Assistant <ea@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:21 PM
Subject: Seeking booth assistance at OSCON

Hello fellow ASF-ers:

We are seeking assistance with booth duty at OSCON. The expo days are:

   Tuesday, July 23
   5:00–6:00pm  Opening Reception

   Wednesday, July 24
   10:00am–4:40pm
   5:40–7:00pm  Booth Crawl

   Thursday, July 25
   10:00am–5:00pm

We will also need help setting up and breaking down the booth (takes about an hour on each
end, usually less --we're efficient!)

I am unable to attend due to a family medical commitment, and am therefore asking with "extra
sugar on top" for your consideration --after all, Melissa cannot run the booth on her own!

We have one full conference pass for whomever will be able to work with Melissa on Tuesday,
and at least half of each day on Wednesday and Thursday. Luncheon is included on Wednesday
and Thursday.

My expo pass will be available to whomever will be able to fill in the remaining hours. Luncheon
is included on Wednesday and Thursday.

We might be able to secure additional passes, but we need a solid commitment to support the
booth.

If you're already going to be at OSCON, we'd love to have your help as well! Kill two birds,
as the saying goes.

For more information, please contact me and/or Melissa, and check out http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013/public/content/sponsors

Thanking you in advance,
Sally