community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tech@apache.org ?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 15:53:53 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Farmers know that large hay stacks are susceptible to spontaneous
> combustion....

But in general we love busy lists [1] (shameless plug but the original
is not from me)

> ...I wonder whether multiple smaller lists, maybe including
> reviving some existing but little known lists, might work better?  For
> example, tech-java, tech-cpp, tech-standards, etc.  That also makes
> the discussion more cohesive and potentially more relevant to the
> subscribers....

That would defeat the purpose of a list that brings together all
bright Apache community folks who have cross-cutting questions about
our projects, and with a well defined (organically well-defined that
is) set of [subject tags] people can filter at will.

-Bertrand

[1] http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2011/12/06/stefanos-mazzocchis-busy-list-pattern/