community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tech@apache.org ?
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 16:00:01 GMT
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I suggest creating a public tech@apache.org list, owned
> by comdev...

We seem to have at least a decent consensus on creating that list, and
as I said I volunteer to lead the experiment so you guys can blame me
if needed ("Bertrand's list failed" T-shirts or whatever works).

On Marvin's "making members@ look like a nice place" note, we do have
ways to prevent that, the first one being ignoring the trolls and
aggressively banning people if needed, once/if there's a documented
code of conduct. Also, I'm optimistic by nature. Humans Are Nice.
Sometimes.

Unless anyone from the comdev PMC opposes, I'll request creation of
that list later this week.

-Bertrand