community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification on students own project
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 13:53:53 GMT

On May 2, 2013, at 8:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:
>> ...Those projects normally can simply be ignored....
>
> +1, IMO students who don't do their homework (like looking at the
> projects we suggest) should fail early, let's not waste energy on
> those proposals.
>
> Of course, if the next Steve Jobs has a fantastic proposal they should
> feel free to submit it, but my guess is that that one would look
> better than two lines of hastily crafted vague ideas.
>
> -Bertrand

Totally agreed Bertrand and Uli. I will hope there will be some plans in forests of weeds.
But I do not intend to spend any energy fishing for these. When I randomly come across anything
worthwhile, I will point to comdev gsoc page. If they are coming back next year they will
know where to look.

Suresh