community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1468843 - /comdev/site/trunk/templates/standard.html
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 15:24:12 GMT

On Apr 17, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:

>> +    <section id="content" class="row">
>> +      <div class="span9">
>> +        <h3 class="muted">The Apache Software Foundation</h3>
>> +      </div>
>> +      <div class="span3" class="pull-right"><gcse:search></gcse:search></div>
>
> You meant class="span3 pull-right". Also, can you please make it HTML5-compliant [1]?
In addition,
> it looks a bit odd in the layout, you could try tweaking it. Bootstrap has a special
class for
> search boxes, we should use it.
>
> Uli
>
> [1] https://developers.google.com/custom-search/docs/element#html5

Hi Uli,

I committed the changes, please verify if these address your concerns. Also, the best bootstrap
search class I can find was the .navbar-search. I like adding the search bar to the menu it
is looking nice and pretty. But that is making the bar wrap into two lines. So I left it in
the current position.

Cheers,
Suresh

P.S. Sorry for not getting to this sooner, I was traveling to and from Boston both on wrong
days. Back home and glad Boston is safe now.