community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2013
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:11:25 GMT
Recycling last years email on the topic. All dates and links updated. It would be cool if we
could
get this out asap. Is there anything else you need?

Uli

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Apache Software Foundation accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer
of Code 2012
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:21:40 +0100
From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de>
To: press@apache.org
CC: dev@community.apache.org

Hey Sally & Co.,

this year we won't forget to provide you with some infos on our GSoC endeavours. Yesterday,
we have
been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2013 [1],[2]. This means
that
over the summer, our committers will mentor students that are sponsored by Google and will
be
working on our projects. The program helps us not only to get some code written but also to
introduce students into open source development and hopefully recruit some new long-term committers.
More information on the program is available at [3]. Students are now encouraged to discuss
ideas
with the respective projects and begin drafting proposals. An extensive list of already existing
project ideas is available at [4]. The actual application phase is from April 24 until May
3, coding
will take place from June 17 to September 23. See [5] for the detailed timeline.

Can you please run any press release past us (dev@community.apache.org) before publishing?

Thanks,

Uli

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013