community-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2013
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:42:21 GMT
Thanks, Lars.

Yes, I will write the blog posts, et. al. It won't hurt us to issue it over the newswire service.
Once Uli clarified this, the type of announcement (format) became clearer to me.

I still have to get the thing written, so I'll be getting cracking soon. The Struts EOL announcement
goes out in 20 minutes.

Cheers,
Sally

"dev@community.apache.org" <dev@community.apache.org>
>Sent: Tuesday, 9 April 2013, 8:35
>Subject: Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2013
>
>Hi,
>
>have we ever done a press release about GSoC before?
>I'm just wondering why this needs to be a press release instead of just
>posting it on our blog, twitter account, announce lists?
>

>cheers
>Lars
>

>Sally Khudairi wrote:
>> Uli --help me understand the urgency. A press release doesn't necessarily reach (y)our
intended audience --participants.

>> I will write an announcement, put it out over the newswire, post it on the ASF Foundation
Blog, Tweet about it, send it to announce@ and our press/analyst list, and post it on the
apache.org homepage.

>> Of course, I will get the draft over to you (ComDev) for review prior to issuing.
I'd love a quote from the ComDev chair. Will Luciano be able to do this? If not, we can go
without it...not required, but nice to have.

>> Thanks,
>> Sally

It would be cool if we could

now encouraged to discuss ideas