community-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2013
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:21:08 GMT
Uli --help me understand the urgency. A press release doesn't necessarily reach (y)our intended
audience --participants.

I will write an announcement, put it out over the newswire, post it on the ASF Foundation
Blog, Tweet about it, send it to announce@ and our press/analyst list, and post it on the
apache.org homepage.

Of course, I will get the draft over to you (ComDev) for review prior to issuing. I'd love
a quote from the ComDev chair. Will Luciano be able to do this? If not, we can go without
it...not required, but nice to have.

Thanks,
Sally

>________________________________

Google Summer of
>>     Code 2012
>>     Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:21:40 +0100
>>     From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de <mailto:uli@spielviel.de>>
>>     To: press@apache.org <mailto:press@apache.org>
>>     CC: dev@community.apache.org <mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
>>
>>     Hey Sally & Co.,
>>
>>     this year we won't forget to provide you with some infos on our GSoC endeavours.
Yesterday, we have
>>     been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2013 [1],[2].
This means that
>>     over the summer, our committers will mentor students that are sponsored by
Google and will be