community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject GSoC 2013: non-code projects on website, branding?
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 18:37:58 GMT
Quick sanity check: would it be worthwhile to explore having a non-code
project?  We often decry the lack of understandable or organized
technical documentation, especially on the apache.org site.  Similarly,
we could do a much better job simply clearly describing things for
branding, making fundraising look a little prettier, having an easier to
navigate events area, etc.

Should I try to find enough discrete tasks  here to submit a
documentation-type GSoC idea?  Or is that not likely to find any
students / going to be too much work to pull together?

I love the idea of offering a non-heavy-code project, and I will have a
little spare time over the summer (when I'm taking a 12 week leave of
absence from $dayjob).

Ideas? Anyone want to help?

- Shane