community-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2013 - A better interface for students to select projects
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:31:44 GMT
Currently, PMCs have been entering project ideas as JIRAs defects, and
students have been browsing a JIRA query that aggregates the ideas
from all PMCs.

I would like to make things a little more simple for the students to
find the project that best match their skiils or the areas of their
interest. The idea is to crawl our jira issues and add some more
metadata to the jira based on foap project details, and then present a
UI where students can have more choices to filter project ideas, like
by language (e.g. c or java ) , by area (e.g. cloud), etc

Thoughts ? Other possible things we could add on this tool ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende