community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: GSoC 2013 - A better interface for students to select projects
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:46:54 GMT
+1

What I like about our current approach is that it filters out those who are not willing to
work with
an issue tracker which is a fairly common thing to do as an open source developer. Concensus
at the
summit seemed to be that it's a good idea to filter out those very early that are not willing
to put
in some effort. We can ask our projects to give some more information about their ideas and
have
them provide that information as labels in jira. Students can then filter for those labels.

Uli