community-dev mailing list archives

From Jed Smith <...@jedsmith.org>
Subject Re: Project Culture and Commit Rights
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:27:16 GMT
There is nothing wrong with Subversion except for preference and
difficulty in making branches. I disagree that Benson's topic is
directly influenced by such a lower-rung choice as a version control
system. The same discussion would be necessary if Apache were
completely on Git; who can push directly? Who can't?

There's also nothing wrong with the patch-on-JIRA workflow, and you
end up with something similar to the Linux kernel.

The tool isn't the issue here, and I disagree with any attempt to
reframe it that way.

--
Jed Smith
jed@jedsmith.org