community-dev mailing list archives

From "Alabax, Shaikh" <Shaikh.Ala...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:09:32 GMT

Hi,
I did reach out to Apache Struts as per your suggestion and got the following reply from Apache
Struts group. .
How is it related to Struts 1 ? As I know BeeHive is a page flow control
engine (donated by BEA years ago) and it looks like a configuration
problem, but rarely unrelated to Struts 1.
Even I am under the same impression that some configuration piece is wrong and hence trying
for some help or assistance again here. Just an additional note - This project works fine
in Weblogic and we are trying to port it to JBOSS/Tomcat.

What we did is to remove bea dependents and use apache equivalents to run in it Tomcat/JBOSS.
The changes we did to working bea code are as follows

In jpf-struts-config.xml
<controller className="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.config.PageFlowControllerConfig"
inputForward="true" processorClass="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor">

In struts-config xml the following change
 <controller className="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.config.PageFlowControllerConfig"
inputForward="true" processorClass="org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor">

In beehive-netui-config.xml
<expression-language>
            <name>compat-netuiel</name>
            <factory-class>org.apache.beehive.netui.script.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl$NetUIELEngineFactory</factory-class>
        </expression-language>
    </expression-languages>
Commented
<!--
    <iterator-factories>
        <iterator-factory>
            <name>rowset</name>
            <factory-class>com.bea.wlw.netui.util.iterator.RowSetIterator$RowSetIteratorPlant</factory-class>
        </iterator-factory>
    </iterator-factories>
     -->

I am hoping with this detailed info someone can provide some valuable inputs as to whether
if I missed any key configuration step or some jar additions etc for making it work in Tomcat/JBOSS.
Again the deployment seems to be fine and when I access the jpf welcome file then see the
exception below in console. Are there any other places I need to take a close look at with
respect to configuration.

Thanks for any kind of help/assistance and is much appreciated.

Regards,
Shaikh