community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Video recording at ApacheCon EU
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:21:18 GMT
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Then that is silly...
>> 6 digital video cameras + 12 volunteers == a lot less than €15,000.
>> More like 2-3000, and the cameras can be used more than once.
>
> Its not that simple to record things in decent quality with volunteers
> and off the shelf cameras. It really isnt just a case of pointing a
> camera and pressing record. Nor is it that iseasy to get twelve
> volunteers to stand around for three days.

Also, the conference is in 1 week's time, and the deadline for saying
yes/no to the current video quote is 4pm German time tomorrow. The chances
of sorting enough volunteers and cameras out in a week seems slim, the
chances of doing it before 4pm tomorrow seems nil.

(The continuing lack of volunteers for organising evenings events, GPG
signing etc indicates we're unlikely to get people to sign up to things
of this degree of committement at this stage)

Nick