community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Video recording at ApacheCon EU
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:06:29 GMT
Thanks, Ross.

Any chance we can post some or all or select highlights of talks on the WAR's YouTube account?

[From the mobile; kindly excuse spelling/spacing/auto-correct anomalies]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com>
To: <concom@apache.org>
Cc: <dev@community.apache.org>, <board@apache.org>
Subject: Video recording at ApacheCon EU
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2012 9:20 AM

In the last board meeting I was asked if we could re-instate the plan to record all sessions
at ACEU now that it looked to be in good financial health.

Paul has kindly got a quote for us from the arena and they will do us HD video of all 6 tracks
for circa €15000 (exc. VAT). We can afford this in the current budget projects since Nick
and co have managed to sell the conference out (well done folks). Furthermore the ASF money
we earmarked is currently unspent. I have asked Nick, as conference chair, to approve this
and have indicated that I will take responsibility for it in the unlikely event that we need
to dip into ASF funds to pay for it (on the assumption that the board are still comfortable
with the budget approved for ConCom).

I also indicated that the ComDev PMC will take responsibility for use of the video after the
event. This is *just* recording the video and audio. There is no post-production work included
in this price. My current thinking is that we will simply make the video available to the
appropriate PMCs and they can do whatever post-processing they want to do. It is possible
that the ComDev PMC will do some limited post-production but I'm not going to commit to that
right now since that would be a voluntary effort.

Nick has not yet given his approval so there is still time to ask us to slow down on this,
but not much since the event is next week. Contracts will be changing hands with NewThinking
soon.

Ross

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
OpenDirective