community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Video recording at ApacheCon EU
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:14:08 GMT

On Oct 29, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> Also, in past events where we had done this kind of things (for free),
> we ended up never hosting the videos online. If we are going to spend
> money, we should have a clear path on not only recording it, but how,
> where and by what time we are going to make them available for the
> public.

That would also be my concern. When we've recorded in the past (with the exception of Toronto,
when we did it ourselves) we weren't then permitted to actually do anything with the resulting
media. If it's clear that we can do whatever we want with this, then it *might* be a valuable
thing to do.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com