community-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: When would Jira be up ?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:39:49 GMT
On 8/11/2012 11:07 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Konstantin Kolinko wrote on Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 20:43:56 +0400:
>> 2
>> The below is a quote from the e-mail that was sent to the committers@
>> mailing list yesterday by Tony Stevenson of the Apache Infrastructure
>> Team. I see that you are not an ASF committer, so you probably have
>> not seen it.
> Don't quote publicly stuff sent to private lists.

To what extent can/should committers communicate critical infrastructure
updates to other contributors?  Certainly it is important to everyone,
(most critically right now to GSoC students like Siddharth  who face the
suggested pencils down date today). Is there a public place where
non-committers can check for this information?  I think
http://monitoring.apache.org/status/ would be a great place to put this
type of notice or just a note at the bottom of the emails that it is ok
to share with affected dev groups would probably be ok.

Thanks

KAthey