community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject RE: Can the one proposing a vote cast his vote?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 07:49:50 GMT
In the ASF the chair carries no additional authority within the community.
Legally they are a VP but that's a legal requirement not a social
convention. There are no votes, as far as I am aware, in ASF projects, that
would be influenced by law - votes about money, contractors etc. all occur
elsewhere.

In other words a PMC chair is expected to vote in the same way as anyone
else in the community.