community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Limited slots for GSoC
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:58:00 GMT
Before we start with the annual complaints about project X not getting
accepted in GSoC let me explain that there are a limited number of
slots in GSoC, there are *never* enough to go around and this year we
have considerably less than usual.

Please remember that just because you, as a mentor, liked a proposal
it does not mean that the student should be selected. Admins need to
ensure that the best projects are selected. They do this in a final
review stage and notes about their scoring should be available in the
Melange. We usually have a reasonably number of very high quality
candidates students and mentors, this year has been no different.

I'm not going to comment on individual projects, that's the job of the
mentors. Although I'm happy to mediate any disputes.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)