community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mentor multiple gsoc projects
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:00:43 GMT

On Mar 19, 2012, at 8:46 AM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:

> On 19.03.2012 13:26, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can a mentor propose multiple gsoc ideas? What happens if multiple of these projects
proposals are selected? Do they have to solicit replacements within their PMC? or can they
continue and mentor multiple projects until the end?

>> Also, can a project have multiple mentors?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Suresh
>
> You really should familiarize yourself with our GSoC processes. All of that has been
asked before
> and is available either in the mailing list archives or on our webpages.
>
> To answer your questions: Mentoring two or more projects is allowed but discouraged and
needs
> explicit allowance by the GSoC admins. It will only be granted if the mentor has made
clear that
> they are experienced and understand the additionally required expenditure of time. Two
or more
> mentors per project is not only allowed but encouraged. Indeed we want the whole community
to be the
> student's mentors.
>
> Uli

Thanks Ross & Uli.

Got it. Yes, I am going through the mailing lists and websites as well, I am getting most
of them, but issues like this are not explicitly stated and I wanted to clarify.

Great work from all you guys in the past years, very impressive the way you are organizing
this.
Suresh