community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSOC 2012 Projects
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 00:38:42 GMT
Hi Nitika,

Yes  you are right, GSoC has Apache as an organization, but within apache there are multiple
projects and you have a wide variety of projects to choose from. Did you check apache ideas
page at - http://s.apache.org/gsoc2012ideas There are 118 project ideas for you to choose
from. If you like any project, you should be able to google the appropriate dev mailing list
and start engaging in discussions as you work on your proposal. Almost all of the apache project
mailing list are easy to find. Even better (and suggested) way will be for you to create a
Apache JIRA account and comment on the project idea. That will be automatically cc'ed to the
project dev mailing lists.

Suresh