community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [The Apache Software Foundation] Your organization application has been accepted.
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 00:03:54 GMT

On Mar 16, 2012, at 5:09 PM, Nóirín Plunkett wrote:

> Suresh,
>
> If you have bandwidth, it would be great to send out an email asking
> people to sign up as mentors. It's very important that they add their
> linkid to committers/GSoCLinkId.txt BEFORE they request the chance to
> be a mentor (otherwise we're liable to reject the request). You should
> be able to cog off Uli's mail last year.

Hi All,

I copied Uli's email from last year and updated it, please review and suggest any changes.
If we post it to code-awards@, will it reach to all the intended mentors?  or should we look
up the PMC's who added tasks to gsoc2012 label and cc the relevant dev lists?

-----
If you are planning to mentor a student for this year's Google Summer of Code, please follow
the following steps:

1) Sign-in/Register and obtain your Melange link_id from GSOC website [1].  If you have previously
registered you can find your link_id under "My Profile". If this is your first time,  you
will have to first register and link your google account and obtain a link_id.

2) As a mandatory pre-requisite make sure your Apache ID and Melange link_id are mapped in
[2]

[3]

Please don't do anything else yet, especially don't rate applications when they start to coming
in. We will inform you when to do that.

On-Behalf of gsoc-admins,
Suresh

[1] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/GsocLinkId.txt
[3] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/apache

---

> We also need someone with a few minutes to update
> http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
>
> (I'll have more time for these things on Sunday--currently preparing
> for St Patrick's Day :-))

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Nóirín Plunkett <noirin@apache.org> wrote:
>> I've filled out the basics--I'm a bit busy right now, but it should be
>> enough to get us on the list :-)

>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Noirin,
>>>
>>> Do you need volunteers to fill out the description and tasks for ASF? I tried
the link and it said you have to be the admin or back-up admin. I was asked by 2, 3 potential
students thats ASF is missing, it will be nice to get us there quickly.