community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <>
Subject Re: [The Apache Software Foundation] Your organization application has been accepted.
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 00:03:54 GMT

On Mar 16, 2012, at 5:09 PM, Nóirín Plunkett wrote:

> Suresh,
> If you have bandwidth, it would be great to send out an email asking
> people to sign up as mentors. It's very important that they add their
> linkid to committers/GSoCLinkId.txt BEFORE they request the chance to
> be a mentor (otherwise we're liable to reject the request). You should
> be able to cog off Uli's mail last year.

Hi All,

I copied Uli's email from last year and updated it, please review and suggest any changes.
If we post it to code-awards@, will it reach to all the intended mentors?  or should we look
up the PMC's who added tasks to gsoc2012 label and cc the relevant dev lists?

If you are planning to mentor a student for this year's Google Summer of Code, please follow
the following steps:

1) Sign-in/Register and obtain your Melange link_id from GSOC website [1].  If you have previously
registered you can find your link_id under "My Profile". If this is your first time,  you
will have to first register and link your google account and obtain a link_id.

2) As a mandatory pre-requisite make sure your Apache ID and Melange link_id are mapped in

Please don't do anything else yet, especially don't rate applications when they start to coming
in. We will inform you when to do that.

On-Behalf of gsoc-admins,

[1] -

> We also need someone with a few minutes to update
> (I'll have more time for these things on Sunday--currently preparing
> for St Patrick's Day :-))
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Nóirín Plunkett <> wrote:
>> I've filled out the basics--I'm a bit busy right now, but it should be
>> enough to get us on the list :-)
>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Suresh Marru <> wrote:
>>> Hi Noirin,
>>> Do you need volunteers to fill out the description and tasks for ASF? I tried
the link and it said you have to be the admin or back-up admin. I was asked by 2, 3 potential
students thats ASF is missing, it will be nice to get us there quickly.
>>> Suresh

View raw message