community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Software Foundation accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2012
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:35:07 GMT
Sally,

I drafted a blog post on the comdev blog and invited you to work on that draft with me. Getting
the
word out is the most important thing right now. Student application starts next week and we
want to
have as much coverage as possible until then.

Cheers,

Uli

Has anything been sent to announce@apache.org in the past?
> If not, that's OK, I can help with getting the word out, but suggest you consider doing
so for easy status updates, etc.
> Chat soon!
> -Sally
> [from the mobile; pls pardon spacing/spelling errors]
Summer of Code 2012

> Hey Sally,
>
> A prompt note saying that we've been accepted and that this is a great opportunity for
us with
> pointers to our ideas list and dev@community for further questions would be nice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Uli
>
> On 18.03.2012 00:50, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>> Thanks, Uli. That's great news!
>>
>> I'll definitely run anything formal by you, as well as a heads-up that I'll be sending
any tweets
>> out, for example the GSoC application dates, as I'll point to the relevant Apache
resources.

>> For this week, is there anything that you need from us? Anything urgent?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sally

Google Summer
>>     of Code 2012
>>
>>     Hey Sally & Co.,
>>
>>     this year we won't forget to provide you with some infos on our GSoC endeavours.
Yesterday, we
>>     have
>>     been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2012 [1],[2].
This means that