community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: mentor multiple gsoc projects
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:46:35 GMT
On 19.03.2012 13:26, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can a mentor propose multiple gsoc ideas? What happens if multiple of these projects
proposals are selected? Do they have to solicit replacements within their PMC? or can they
continue and mentor multiple projects until the end?

> Also, can a project have multiple mentors?
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh

You really should familiarize yourself with our GSoC processes. All of that has been asked
before
and is available either in the mailing list archives or on our webpages.

To answer your questions: Mentoring two or more projects is allowed but discouraged and needs
explicit allowance by the GSoC admins. It will only be granted if the mentor has made clear
that
they are experienced and understand the additionally required expenditure of time. Two or
more
mentors per project is not only allowed but encouraged. Indeed we want the whole community
to be the
student's mentors.

Uli