community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Apache Software Foundation accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2012
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:21:40 GMT
Hey Sally & Co.,

this year we won't forget to provide you with some infos on our GSoC endeavours. Yesterday,
we have
been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2012 [1],[2]. This means
that
over the summer, our committers will mentor students that are sponsored by Google and will
be
working on our projects. The program helps us not only to get some code written but also to
introduce students into open source development and hopefully recruit some new long-term committers.
More information on the program is available at [3]. Students are now encouraged to discuss
ideas
with the respective projects and begin drafting proposals. An extensive list of already existing
project ideas is available at [4]. The actual application phase is from 03/26 until 04/06,
Coding
will take place from 05/21 to 08/20. See [5] for the detailed timeline.

Can you please run any press release past us (dev@community.apache.org) before publishing?

Thanks,

Uli

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012