community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Ask about Desgin Patterns in Tomcat
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 07:04:58 GMT
Hello, and welcome.

I'm not a Tomcat developer, others here might be able to give you a
more direct response than I can.

Since your request is about a specific project it is best directed to
that projects lists after having reviewed the projects documentation.

The Tomcat website is

I just had a quick look for some documentation that might help you.
There is some "architecture" documentation at but it
is a very long was from complete.

Their mailing lists are detailed at

On 23 February 2012 22:04, Luong Dinh Hieu <> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
> I would like to investigate how Design Patterns are used in Tomcat
> (particularly, in the directory java/org/apache/catalina). Can you give me
> any suggestions such that I can understand how Tomcat is organized, how it
> works and how Design Patterns are applied in Source Code?
> Any suggestions or documents are appreciated. I'm looking forward to your
> response.
> Thank You,
> Best Regards,
> HieuLD