community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: Admins for GSoC 2012
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:06:00 GMT
Done:

http://community.apache.org/gsoc-admin-tasks.html

FYI, we are now at step one. The email to the PMCs should go out as soon as possible. Also,
make
sure that all our GSoC-related pages are up to date. They are a mess with information spread
over
several pages and no clean navigation so cleaning them up may be an ideal task for newcomers
learn about our processes and at the same time contribute something extremely useful.

Also, we haven't set up a mentor vetting procedure yet. The idea was to have PMCs ACK their
potential mentors. We need to write that up.

As for temporary accounts for students, infra is against setting up temporary accounts. PMCs
should
either vote the students in as committers or have them work like any other outside contributors
via
mailing lists and patches. I agree.

Uli