community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven local repository
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:21:52 GMT
Hi Karesh,

If you look in your ~/.m2/repository/ you will see bunch of directories. Within this root
of local repository, you will see that artifacts will be organized by $groupId/$artifactId/$version/

So if your two project are pulling in different jars, then both projects should not affect
each other at all.  You can safely work on both of them. In the cases, where both project
depend upon same version of a jar, once the jar is download into local repo, the second project
will use the local version instead of downloading it again. There are cases, some times bad
versions can pulled from a unwanted repo which rarely breaks the build of first project, but
thats very rare. You can easily track those bad jars and remove the directory and you will
be fine again. You should not worry about sharing .m2 and safely work on both projects. Bravely
dive into the new project and hack-on.

Suresh