community-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert McGimpsey" <bob.mcgimp...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: YouTube Channel for Apache?
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:07:59 GMT
Hello Drew,

I have recently completed a Java course and worked class projects using test-driven development
procedure.  I like this form of development and testing on the fly.

Was hoping to do some work for Apache Foundation, either updating existing code or writing
a small module in order to gain experience with Java and just the experience of working with
large open source outfits like the Apache foundation.

I went through some of the initial info about gaining a mentor and project and signed up to
some of the email links, (which is why I am receiving your emails)... but have not heard from
anyone.

Understand that folks are busy, but if someone could help me get started I believe that, in
the long run, I can make a contribution to the Foundation.

I chose the "Droids" incubator project http://incubator.apache.org/projects/droids.html, as
one I thought would be interesting to work on.

Can you help me with:
1) contacting a mentor
2) start work on a need in the Droids incubator project
3) perhaps connect with someone that is a developer with ASF in the Austin, Texas area...

Thank you, ahead of time, with any help...  understand that you are, probably, a productive
busy person so appreciate your time.

Robert McGimpsey
(512)981-9683         Mobile
bob.mcgimpsey@yahoo.com