community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Apache Governance: PMCs - blog post
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 19:47:37 GMT
On 8 November 2011 23:04, Shane Curcuru <shane.curcuru@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see this as replacing the apache.org/dev site, i.e. the official
> "How to be a committer / How to do PMC things" information, rather a more
> approachable way to see why these guidelines are the way they are, and to
> provide links to those more specific procedural documents.
>
> Sound good?  Other ideas?

This is pretty much the strategy that I outlined in the most recent
board report:

"ComDev website is slowly growing to include very high level
information about how ASF communities work. Rather than duplicating
content held elsewhere on the a.o site we are seeking to provide a
minimum fuss entry point leading towards the appropriate detail heavy
documents." [1]

This has been fairly organic so far with no real forward planning. I
recently restructured the site to provide entry points for each of
newbies, contributors and committers. We are in no way fixed to this,
but if your content fits this model then I'd love to see you adding
your content directly to the site (which is CMS managed). If it
doesn't fit nicely lets think about a better structure.

Ross

[1] http://community.apache.org/comdevboardreports.html

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)