community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane.curc...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Governance: PMCs - blog post
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 07:04:49 GMT
http://communityovercode.com/2011/11/apache-governance-pmcs/

I think this plus my previous governance article on the board would be
useful essays for part of the ComDev site.  I envision a set of articles
on ComDev that explain the "whys" of many of the things at Apache, to
give newcomers some perspective on how and why things work they way they do.

I don't see this as replacing the apache.org/dev site, i.e. the official
"How to be a committer / How to do PMC things" information, rather a
more approachable way to see why these guidelines are the way they are,
and to provide links to those more specific procedural documents.

Sound good?  Other ideas?

- Shane